Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Middle School Madness...Getting the Schedule...UGH!

Okay, so I head to Avon Middle School this afternoon after dropping Justin off at football practice.  I pay the fee of $69.55; and that doesn't include the list of school supplies I purchased!  Who would've thought that singing in choir would cost an extra $10!  Oh well!  I get the schedule and noticed that Justin had Physical Education...1ST. PERIOD!  LOL (What 8th grade boy wants to take gym class first thing in the morning and be sweaty and smelly all day??)  Phys Ed is supposed to be waived if he plays a sport; he is playing football.  So, technically he's not supposed to have Phys Ed.  I head to the guidance counselor and she told me that if he doesn't take Phys Ed the entire year he'll have to make it up his freshman year in high school!  I believed that she knew what she was talking about (BIG MISTAKE) so I kept the schedule and returned home.  Justin returns home from football practice and is excited to see his schedule!  I give it to him and if you could hear the roar coming out of his mouth!  I know I saw smoke in his bedroom!!  LOL  He was SO mad!  I'm trying to make dinner: homemade macaroni and cheese, chicken & pineapple brats (yum) and sliced watermelon.  I also made homemade lemonade!  That's right!  Anyways, back to the story!  Justin comes fuming out of his bedroom, which I was totally expecting, and starts yelling about his schedule!  Then Ryan comes in and asks for a band-aid for a microscopic scratch on his finger!  Connor asks when dinner will be ready!  Mason is asking why Justin is mad.  I'm trying to "talk" to Justin about his schedule and explain to him what the counselor told me.  While the macaroni and cheese is starting to burn I pick up the middle school handbook and YES...IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE WAIVED!  I also called a friend who has an 8th. grader and she said that her son's phys ed was waived!  Now I'm mad!!  Long story short...this mom will be heading to the middle school tomorrow to get it fixed.  The second problem is that Justin should be taking a language class.  He said he signed up for French!  Seriously...FRENCH!  I said, "Why on earth would you sign up for French?  It's a useless language!"  His response is that he wants to do something fun at school for a change.  I tell him that if he takes a language it has to be Spanish or Arabic (which isn't offered but should be)!  The language issue will be another battle.

Everything settles down and I get dinner on the table for half of the family.  Jim is at a football scrimmage in Sandusky.  Jenna and Colin are the water boy and girl.  They won't be home until later.  Connor looks at his plate and says, "Mom, dis isn't macawoni and cheese."  I said, "Yes, it is, Connor.  It's homemade macaroni and cheese. It's healthier for your!"  He says, "I wike the owange kind."  Mason tells Connor to stop whining and eat his dinner.  Ryan says he's too full from the bagel he had at snack.

Seriously...why do any moms bother cooking in the summer!?

TTFN!

  

1 comment:

  1. I know nothing about the French language, but I certainly don't think it will be fun in school.

    Good for you for trying homemade mac & cheese....but you can't fool your smart kids!

    ReplyDelete