Friday, October 5, 2012

Five Little Pumpkins

I was so excited yesterday! I finally put up my Autumn decorations. On my mantle I have Autumn color leaves (yes they're fake and from Michaels...haha) with some yellow/orange candles. Yesterday afternoon I took Connor and we picked up some pumpkins, hay and cornstalks for outside. I also bought 6 (representing the 6 kids) mini pumpkins and a few gourds for the mantle. Well, later in the day I hear a pounding.  I was in the basement doing laundry, of course. It sounded like someone was bouncing a basketball, which isn't surprising, even though the boys are not allowed to have balls in the living room.  I go upstairs and ask the 3 stooges (Colin, Ryan and Connor) what the pounding noise was.  Connor responds, "We wanted to see if the pumpkins were weal so we took one and we were hitting it on the fwoor!"  Then Colin and Connor immediately start to blame Ryan and Ryan says, "We were all smashing it, mom!"  Connor says, "You mashed it the hawdest, Wyan!"  I said, "Connor, YOU were with me when we bought the pumpkins!  How could you NOT know that they were real?!"  Needless to say, I now only have 5 little pumpkins sitting on the mantle...UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment